Indira Gandhi National Open university(IGNOU) releases assignments for its students in every semester to test student’s comprehension of learning the materials they receive from the University and also to help them get through the courses by providing feedback to them.
The university has released assignment for December 2018 TEE and July 2019 TEE for all undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
The last date of the assignments is also out.
For July 2018 batch, the last date to submit assignments is 15th October 2018, whereas for January 2019 batch its 15th April 2019.
Students are advised to complete their assignments and submit them on or before the due date in their respective study center.
In order to be able to appear for the Term-end examination, it is a requirement that the student submit all the assignments according to the prescribed schedule. All students will be required to give an undertaking to this effect, and should it be later found that they had
in fact not submitted the assignments as prescribed; the results for the Term-end examination will be treated as cancelled.
Important Instructions for Answering the Assignments:
(Source:IGNOU Program Guide)
While answering Assignments, the following guidelines are required to be followed:
1. Tips for assignments
The word limits for answering most of the questions are mentioned with them if no word limit is prescribed, and then assume it to be about 300 words. You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
i) Planning: Read the assignment carefully. Go through the units on which they are based.Make some points regarding each question and rearrange these in logical order.
ii) Organisation: Be a little more selective and analytical before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. In an essay-type question give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion. The introduction must offer brief interpretation of the question and how you propose to develop it. The conclusion must summarize your response to the question. Make sure that your answer:
a) is logical and coherent;
b) has clear connection between sentences and paragraphs;
c) is written correctly giving adequate consideration to your expression, style and presentation;
d) does not exceed the number of words indicated (if any) in your questions.
iii) Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answers, you can write down the final version for submission, writing each answer neatly and underlining the points you want to emphasize.
2. The following format is to be followed for submission of the assignment:
The top of the first page of your response sheet for each assignment should look like this:
PROGRAMME TITLE : ………………….. ENROLMENT No. : ………………………
COURSE CODE : …………………………… NAME : ………………………………………..
COURSE TITLE : …………………………… ADDRESS: ……………………………………
ASSIGNMENT CODE :…………………… SIGNATURE : ………………………………
STUDY CENTRE : …………………………. DATE : …………………………………………
4. Read instructions for submission of assignments given here. The assignments response sheets should be hand written. However the s/w coding, snapshots, test cases etc. can be in the printed form. Students should not reproduce their answers from the units sent to
them by the University. If they reproduce from the units, they will get poor marks for the respective question.
5. The students should write each assignment separately. All the assignments should not be written in continuity.
6. The students should write the question number with each answer. Photocopy of the submitted assignment is to be retained by the student for his or her own record and future reference, if any.
7. The students should use onlyA4 size paper for their response and tag all the pages carefully.Avoid using very thin paper. They should allow a 4-cm. margin on the left and at least 4 lines in between each answer. This may facilitate the evaluator to write useful comments
on the margins at appropriate places.
8. The students should not copy the assignments from others. If copying is noticed, the assignments of such students will be rejected, and disciplinary action will be taken against the students as per rules of the University.
9. The completed assignment response should be sent to the Coordinator of the Study Centre. Under no circumstances should they be sent to the (Student Evaluation) Division or the School at Headquarters, for evaluation. After submitting the assignment at the Study Centre in person, the students should get the acknowledgement from the Co-ordinator on the prescribed assignment-cum-acknowledgement card otherwise, the assignment response should be sent under certificate of posting through post. The students should get back evaluated assignments from their study centres within one month of its submission for the feedback and for their future guidance.
10. In case the student has requested for a change of Study Centre, s/he should submit her/his Assignments only to the original Study Centre until the University effects the change of Study Centre.
Guidelines for the Submission of Assignments:
1. It is compulsory for the students to submit all the prescribed assignments. They will not be allowed to appear for the term-end examination of a course if they do not submit the specified number of assignments in time for that course.
2. Whenever the students receive a set of assignments, they should check them immediately and ask for missing pages, if any, from Registrar (MPDD), IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110 068 or the Co-ordinator of the study centre or else download them from the
3. The assignment responses should be complete in all respects. Before submission, the students should ensure that they have answered all the questions in all assignments. Incompleteanswer sheets bring poor grades.
4. The Coordinator of the Study Centre has the right to reject the assignments received after the due date. Therefore, the students are advised to submit their assignments before the due date.
5. Students should enclose a self-addressed stamped assignment remittance-cum acknowledgementcard with each assignment response to ensure the delivery of assignments before the last dates prescribed for submission of assignments.
6. In case any student fails to submit the assignments or fails to score minimum qualifying marks, s/he has to wait for fresh assignments meant for the current batch of students.The request for the new assignments in the prescribed form is to be addressed to the
Registrar, MPDD, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068.
7. For their own record, students should retain a photocopy of all the assignment responses,which they submit to the Co-ordinator of their Study Centre. If they do not get back their duly evaluated ASSIGNMENT within a month after submission, they should try to get it
from their Study Centre personally. This may help them to improve upon future assignments.
8. As per the University norms, once the student’s scores pass marks in an assignment, they can not re-submit it for improvement of marks.
9. Assignments are not subject to re-evaluation except for factual errors, if any. The discrepancy noticed by the students in the evaluated assignments should be brought to the notice of the Co-ordinator of the Study Centre, so that he forwards the correct score to the Student
Evaluation Division at the Headquarters.
10 The students should not enclose or express doubts for clarification, if any, along with the assignments. They should send their doubts in a separate cover to the Registrar, Student Evaluation Division, Indira Gandhi National Open University, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi –
110 068. While doing so they should give their complete Enrolment number, name, address, programme code.
Note : Please submit your Assignments on or before the due date at your study centre.
11. In case of not successfully completed or missed; the assignments should be demanded only, if your registration for that course is valid.
12. Assignments should not be demanded to improve your score if you have secured minimum qualifying score in a course.
13. Please do not submit your assignment responses twice either at the same Study Centre or at different Study Centres for evaluation.